PD-440 - Heavy-Duty Pedestal Drill - Belt Drive
Table Tilts Left & Right To 45o & Rotates
?28mm Drill Capacity with 3MT Spindle Taper
If your needed to drill holes up to ?28mm & require a heavy-duty 3 morse taper drilling machine with all the features to make your job easier and that represents great value for investment, this PD-440 pedestal drill could be the machine for you.
This machine is heavy duty rated and the large drill head has a work light fitted underneath to shine directly onto your job, the quill diameter is lager to increase accuracy when using & the unique square table offers more surface area to work on, and additionally allows T-nut & clamps to be used on this design.
Mostly constructed from cast iron and machined steel to provide superior stability and strength. Powered by a 1.1kW, 1.5hp, 240-volt induction motor and coupled to a 12-belt speed pulley system offering wide range of speeds between 150-2450rpm. The down feed handle is also made from cast iron in one solid piece design and fitted with soft hand grips for your comfort & convenient drilling depth feed control.
The drill quill is equipped with a 3 morse taper spindle allowing you to fit 3MT drill bits directly to the spindle or 1-2MT drill bits with optional adaptors. A quality ?3-?16mm keyed drill chuck with 3MT arbor is included & fitted. The drill table can tilt left or right, rotate and the height is also easily adjusted up or down via rack & pinion hand lever & can be locked into position. Furthermore, the whole table assembly can be swivelled away to allow the machined base to be used as a work support.
The magnetic safety switch with emergency stop is conveniently front mounted for quick access. The drill also includes an adjustable safety drill chuck guard and the belt cover is equipped with a safety switch to ensure safe belt speed changing.
- Ideal for home, workshop or farm use
- Quiet V-belt drive system
- Quick action belt tensioning lever
- Drill chuck key holder mounted on right side of the machine
- Adjustable safety drilling chuck guard with flip up screen
- One piece cast iron drilling lever with comfort grips
- Safety micro switch on pulley guard
- Safety magnetic-type switch
- Rack & pinion table height adjustment with locking lever
- Thick walled column ensuring greater rigidity
- Table tilts left & right to 45o & rotates
- Drilling depth stop
- Work light mounted underneath drill head to provide direct light onto the work piece
- T slotted work table
- 12 Spindle speeds - 150, 240, 270, 330, 430, 470, 830, 1030, 1270, 1430, 1790, 2450rpm
- Fan-cooled, copper wound 240V motor
- 16mm keyed drill chuck and arbor
- Chuck key to suit
- Drill drift tool to remove drill chuck or taper shank drills
- Replacement 16mm Drill Chuck (C290)
- Replacement 3MT x JT3 Arbour (D443A)