DML305-VS - Cast Iron Electronic Variable Speed Midi Wood Lathe
?305mm Swing x 393mm Between Centres
The Record Power DML305-VS cast iron lathe represents a new benchmark in high quality midi lathes and is perfect for the user with minimal space or as a second lathe for demonstrations and shows. The bed is made of finely ground cast iron for weight and rigidity and fitted with cam locking toolrests that clamp easily and solidly to the bed with one handed operation. It gives 393mm between centres as standard and optional bed extensions can be added to increase this capacity. The swing over the bed is 305mm and the 1/2hp motor provides plenty of power for the capacity of the machine. The spindle is 3/4" x 16tpi thread to ensure a wide range of Record Power accessories can be fitted. The lathe is extremely well finished with polished metal handles, spindle lock with indexing and graduated markings on the tailstock barrel. Many of these features are normally only found on expensive professional lathes.
The DML305-VS features high quality full electronic variable speed control. This system should not be confused with cheap and simple rheostat versions which have poor torque and can cause overheating of the motor. The DML305-VS uses a three phase motor and inverter system, similar to that used in the CL4. The high quality inverter converts the single phase supply to three phase, enabling smooth and stepless control through a wide range of speeds. This is an industrially proven method and provides the low end torque that is so essential to the woodturner but is sadly lacking in so many poorer quality alternatives.
- Cam Lock - Both the toolrest and tailstock feature cam lock adjustment.
- Powerful Motor - The 1/2hp motor gives quiet and smooth operation with plenty of power for the capacity of the lathes.
- Highly Accurate - The spindle lock features graduated markings on the tailstock barrell.
- Tool Caddy - A handy tool caddy is supplied as standard.
- Variable Speed Unit - User-friendly control panel allows instant speed change at the turn of the dial.
- Construction - The headstock, tailstock and bed of the DML305-VS are made from cast iron, resulting in a very sturdy machine.
- Variable spindle speed 400 - 3850rpm
- Extendable Bed - Large capacities between centres can be achieved using the optional bed extensions.