MAXI-1 - Heavy Cast Iron Swivel Head Variable Speed Lathe
?533mm Swing x 950mm Between Centres
The Record Power MAXI-1 has been specially designed to offer large capacities and support for heavy work in a compact design. Combining Record's traditional swivel head functionality with modern construction and high quality electronic control, this machine is ideal for the professional woodturner as well as the dedicated enthusiast. Cast iron features heavily in the construction of this machine, including the legs, headstock, tailstock and cast bed. The power, solidity and value of this machine is unrivalled in its class.
- Heavy Duty Cast Iron Headstock - Despite its weight, the strongly made headstock is easily swivelled using the cam lock lever. The belt tension is controlled by a large and easy to move lever. A substantial handwheel gives full control of the spindle. There are three pre-sets at 0o, 30o and 90o but any angle can be selected and locked securely in a thick selector plate in the base.
- Swivel Head - Packed with features, the heavy duty swivel head features a 6 speed pulley change, cam lock swivel, safety micro switch and indexing.
- Extra Heavy Duty Spindle - The 1 1/4" x 8tpi spindle is ideal for the heaviest work and has a machined register for secure mounting.
- Toolrest - Heavy toolrest and banjo with very positive cam lock for easy one handed movement.
- Tailstock - The 2MT cam lock tailstock gives rock solid holding power and the centres are easily removed using the supplied tommy bar. The tailstock is hollow to enable long hole boring.
- Electronic Variable Speed - Easy and instant speed control is achieved using the premium quality European made Schneider inverter, the industrial solution to variable speed control.
- Construction - Substantial use of cast iron for the bed, headstock, tailstock and legs provide the mass and damping required for any project within its capacities.
- Control box can be easily mounted at either end of the lathe.
- Maximum bowl diameter: 762 mm (30")